Treadmill Goals (for now):
- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Shiny! by Amy Lane
My favorite lines from today’s reading:
- “Sh!” Will hushed in spite of himself. “Mom!” – But we moms live to embarrass our children!
- “Kenny, baby, you have never looked sleepy. I met you in your boxer shorts and we were picking dildos up from the middle of the road, and you were still all class.” – That’s an achievement if ever I heard one!
- As they were talking, Kenny took the opportunity to move subtly but possessively into Will’s personal space. Will understood: This is mine. I know he was yours, but I’ve claimed him. Will spoke fluent Kenny by now. It was a language of many subtle nuances. – Aww! ❤️
Alas, I missed my first day (in fact, 2 days) since starting this challenge. My excuse is that it was Christmas Eve and Christmas, and that I had a house full of company including some sleeping in the room that houses my treadmill. Anyway, as you can see, I made up for it today by staying on the darned thing for an hour and a half instead of the usual half-hour I’ve been doing.
I finished the book (it was great…I loved the final scene!) and spent the last half-hour catching up on a missed Big Bang Theory episode. I’m not sure what I’ll start reading tomorrow. Any suggestions?
|30 min/mile||91:06 min:sec||3.0 miles|