- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: The Worst Bad Thing by J.E. Birk
My favorite lines from this week’s reading:
- SUNDAY: Gabriel’s eyes are still glued to me. “Tate?” His voice is strangled and lower than I’ve ever heard it. Like he’s begging for something. – Out of context this reads like a smexin’ scene, but it’s a sad scene—got me tearing up a bit.
- MONDAY:I’ve heard people say that the world looks different when you’re about to die. I don’t think that’s true. It looks the same. It’s the way you look at the world—that’s what’s different.
I won’t share the last line of the book, but I will say that it was perfect!
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
For my new book, it’s time to get back to the series I started only recently, way behind (apparently) the bulk of MM readers.
What I #amreading: Whyborne and Griffin Book 3: Stormhaven by Jordan L. Hawk
- TUESDAY: Newly installed electric lights blazed from atop the department store, theater, and even the street corners where ordinary gas lamps had burned just a month ago. An ugly tangle of wires cut across the night sky like the weaving of some huge, and quite demented, spider. The harsh light revealed the cracks in the sidewalk and threw sharp-edged shadows, far less kind than the radiance of either sun or moon. – I loved this opening segment so much I’m using it for today’s featured line(s) even though there were some rather amusing ones I could have gone with.
- WEDNESDAY: Christine drew in a deep breath, her eyes widening and her shoulders squaring. Knowing the signs well, I slipped around my desk and out of the office. As I left to get a towel from the washroom, I heard her shouts echoing down the hallway. Bradley responded in kind, yelling something about hysteria. The man had no sense of self-preservation whatsoever. – LOL, Christine is still the most awesome side character ever written. 💕
- THURSDAY: “I, er…” What on earth was the proper etiquette when a madwoman offered one a flower? I began to think my upbringing had been sorely lacking in a number of necessary points. “Thank you,” I said finally, and took the somewhat bedraggled flower.
- FRIDAY: “It isn’t your embarrassment I’m concerned for.” – Whyborne talking to Christine. 😏
- SATURDAY: For the first time since I’d met her, Christine looked as if she wished to flee screaming. Given she’d faced down charging hippos, undead Guardians, and monstrous creatures from outer space, I didn’t know if I should be amused or alarmed. – Whyborne’s observation upon Christine meeting Griffin’s parents.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
|30 min/mile||31:19 min:sec||1 mile|
|30 min/mile||34:43 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|30 min/mile||30:06 min:sec||1 mile|
|30 min/mile||30:22 min:sec||1 mile|
|30 min/mile||31:29 min:sec *||1 mile|
|30 min/mile||30:07 min:sec||1 mile|
|30 min/mile||30:09 min:sec||1 mile|
* Thursday was supplemented by approx. 1 hour of shoveling snow from my walk and driveway.