- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin VI) by Jordan L. Hawk
(I’m continuing from where I left off last week, because I don’t know that I’ll have a lot of time off-treadmill for reading this week and I want to get this finished! 😁)
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: Christine snorted; the cold air made her nostrils steam like charging bulls. “Bah! Whyborne has pieced together cuneiform tablets shattered into a hundred pieces. This is barely an afternoon’s entertainment for him.”
- MONDAY: A veritable rainbow of colors streamed across the heavens: green, white, and red, shading into violet. It looked as if the sky itself burned, and the glacier reflected the colors eerily.
- TUESDAY: A short time later, we once again stood beneath the glacier. The ice above us creaked and groaned like a living thing, and a shiver when through me. God, I hoped the sounds were ordinary and didn’t herald a collapse of some sort.
- WEDNESDAY: 😔
- THURSDAY: “Indeed.” Christine nodded toward the depths. “And with that cheery thought to inspire us, let’s try to find our way out of here, shall we?”
- FRIDAY: “Down,” I said. Because down was where all the terrible things lived, wasn’t it? Down beneath the earth, beneath the ocean. In the dreams haunting us beneath the surface of sleep.
- SATURDAY: Tears stung my eyes, accompanied by a longing to see Griffin again. If only I knew he was safe. I tried to picture him back in Widdershins, sitting in our study with our cat on his lap, some other man beside him. My throat tightened, and I brought my left hand to my mouth, resting the cool ring of gold against my lips. Ah, God, I almost heard his voice.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 24: April 30, 2017 – May 6, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||36:07 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Monday||30 min/mile||35:44 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||33:44 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||1 hour||Mowed Lawn|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||32:15 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:11 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:47 min:sec||1 mile|