- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Enigma by Nephy Hart
This is one of the items I won in that online charity auction benefitting LGBT Chechens.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: Quite suddenly, it occurs to me that I’m staring and not being very professional at all. I force a tight, professional smile, not the goofy grin that’s threatening to break out at any moment.
- MONDAY: I groan exaggeratedly. “You know what she’s like when she’s getting ready. I’ll starve to death while we’re waiting.”
- TUESDAY: “Well, the choice is pretty simple. You can either wear jeans and a T-shirt, or jeans and a T-shirt… or jeans… and a T-shirt.”
- WEDNESDAY: “Want to talk?” Do I? Do I want to talk about all the things I’ve been bottling up for so long? Do I want to talk about a chapter in my life that’s been closed for ten years? Do I want to pick the scab off that sore place that almost tore me in half?
- THURSDAY: I’ve no interest at all in seeing what he paints; I’m too fascinated by watching him do it. He seems completely sure of what he’s doing. There are no pauses, no stepping back to ponder; he just paints.
- FRIDAY: 😔
- SATURDAY: Surprised, I smile at him. “Of course.” Taking the brush, I stand behind him and brush his hair, relishing the way it feels as it flows through my fingers, watching him in the mirror. He tilts his head back slightly and half closes his eyes, the expression on his face one of pure pleasure.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 27: May 21, 2017 – May 27, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:53 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||41:27 min:sec||1.3 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:16 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:57 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:19 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||1 hour||Mowed Yard|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:38 min:sec||1 mile|