- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
It’s short story week!
What I #amreading: Find His Way Home by Nell Iris, Happy Merry Christmas by Amy Tasukada, Only Words by Acer Adamson, Any Excuse by Acer Adamson, and Every Minute by Acer Adamson.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY (Find His Way Home): “I know,” Elliot muttered. He scratched his chin before his fingers began twisting strands of his heart, forcing them into half-hearted curls, as he listened to Mick breathing on the other end of the line.
- MONDAY (Find His Way Home): His teeth chattered the entire drive back, and he had to turn up the heat in the car because he was freezing. He kept his eyes firmly on the road, hyper alert to everything going on around him. After slamming the brakes hard to avoid hitting a squirrel, he gritted his teeth and forced himself to relax a little.
- TUESDAY (Happy Merry Christmas): Aoi delivered the line. Instead of a lascivious whisper of budding passion, his character’s breath caught in his throat and a sharp pang of panicked fear had him stumbling over his confessed virginity.
- WEDNESDAY (Happy Merry Christmas): He never understood why people always insisted on commenting about his height after meeting him. It wasn’t like he didn’t know he was short.
- THURSDAY (Only Words): Skyler huffed out an impatient-sounding breath. “A seam is a seam, Maxwell. Now, please be still. You’re going to have to trust me.”
- FRIDAY (Any Excuse): Max smiled and raised an eyebrow. “The ‘no commitment’ stuff was bullshit, right?”
- SATURDAY (Every Minute): Laughing, Skyler took his hand. “I’ll make a mental note to keep my expectations low where you’re concerned.”
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 30: June 11, 2017 – June 17, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||33:15 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Monday||30 min/mile||41:11 min:sec||1.3 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:19 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:39 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:49 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:06 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||31:12 min:sec||1 mile|
3 thoughts on “Treadmill Week 30 & What I #amreading – Find His Way Home by Nell Iris – Happy Merry Christmas by Amy Tasukada – Only Words & Any Excuse & Every Minute by Acer Adamson”
Awwww, thank you <3
I've had my eye on those Max&Skyler books for awhile but haven't read them. Are they any good? 🙂
I highly recommend every single one of the short stories I read this past week (each of them was a reread). The Max & Skyler books have been around a while and I’ve reread them multiple times. There’s another that comes after the three featured here. I think you would love them. BTW, the author, Acer Adamson, is an alternate pen name (for sweeter stuff) of Jaye Valentine (who edited the anthology where my King Kong short first appeared).
I’m adding them to my TBR then!