- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Fatal Shadows (The Adrien English Series – Book 1) by Josh Lanyon
I’ve reread this series so many times I’ve lost count. It’s time for another whirl. I had SO much trouble deciding on a favorite passage for each day. There were so many to choose from. ♡
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – They identified themselves with a show of badges. Detective Chan was older, paunchy, a little rumpled, smelling of Old Spice and cigarettes as he brushed by me. The other one, Detective Riordan, was big and blond, with a neo-Nazi haircut and tawny eyes. Actually I had no idea what color his eyes were, but they were intent and unblinking as though waiting for a sign of activity from the mouse hole.
- MONDAY – It was one of those perfect days when the Santa Ana winds sweep the smog out over the ocean; the sky looked as uncannily blue as if it had been colorized by Ted Turner.
- TUESDAY – I’d forgotten the maternal communication system, even more complex and infallible than Holmes’s Baker Street Irregulars.
- WEDNESDAY – Those were things I hadn’t thought about in a long time. Remembering them, I thought that maybe that was one reason, despite all that had come later, that I had never stopped loving him. When I had been sick and scared and lonely he had been there with the dirty jokes and the Tears for Fears CDs.
- THURSDAY – …somehow the fact that he smelled like deodorant soap and April-fresh fabric softener disarmed me. He smelled—and looked—like he grabbed his clothes straight out of the hot dryer. The sad thing was the overall impression was as groomed and confident as Bruce who spent three times the effort and money in getting that I-was-an-International-Male-model effect.
- FRIDAY – There were a number of responses to that. None conducive to getting more information.
- SATURDAY – It was like in the movies. He hit the floor in a shoulder roll and came up on one knee with his gun aimed at us. The detached part of my brain that was still taking notes admired the smooth efficiency of that.
Week 44: September 24, 2017 – September 30, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||32:23 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||32:15 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||31:46 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:59 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||32:33 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:48 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||31:09 min:sec||1 mile|