- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: A Dangerous Thing (The Adrien English Series – Book 2) by Josh Lanyon
I’ve reread this series so many times I’ve lost count. It’s time for another whirl. I had SO much trouble deciding on a favorite passage for each day. There were so many to choose from. ♡
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – Jake made a sound that was supposed to pass for a laugh. He didn’t answer.
- MONDAY – “Do you sell Tab?”
“Sonny, I haven’t seen that stuff since the ’60s.”
Coincidentally that appeared to be the age of some of the cans on the shelves in front of me. Food or collectible? You decide.
- TUESDAY – “Never use the word ‘obvious’ to a hick cop.” Jake said as we watched the two-man posse ride away in a cloud of exhaust and dust. “Let alone three times in one breath.”
“Thanks for the tip. Any secret handshakes you can show me?” I turned toward the house. I needed to sit before I caved in; the roof of my skull felt like it was cracking apart, showering my brain with dust and pebbles.
- WEDNESDAY – With an evil glance, he subsided into his coffee cup. I realized the waitress had heard this exchange and was scandalized to the fibers of her hair net.
- THURSDAY – My car, I drive. That’s the way I see it, but Jake apparently loses points anytime he permits another male to chauffeur him, so I tossed him the keys. I’d had too much cheap wine anyway and my headache was coming back.
- FRIDAY – It was nearly five before Jake walked in. He was sunburnt, wet, and smelled faintly of fish. Sexy as hell. Don’t ask me to explain.
- SATURDAY – I exhaled fast, serenity vanishing in a puff of morning breath.
Week 45: October 1, 2017 – October 7, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:27 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||31:11 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:24 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||32:14 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:16 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||31:40 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:23 min:sec||1 mile|