- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows Mysteries – Book 1) by Charlie Cochrane
I’m using the old cover since that’s the copy I own. I’ve reread this and the first several in this series multiple times (number 3 is my favorite so far…love a good amnesia story). At some point I bought up the rest (through 12, not sure if there are more), but never got around to reading them. I figure it’s time to restart from the beginning so I’m up-to-speed on the details, and get through them all.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – Back in November, Orlando had no one in his life he could ever call friend. Then, into his world of gown-black and stone-grey, half-tones and a half a life, had come this vision of blue and gold, like a ray of spring sunshine against a cloudless sky.
- MONDAY – The sergeant seemed to be almost a Gilbert and Sullivan caricature of what a policeman of his rank should be—big, bluff and extremely competent in a slow methodical way.
- TUESDAY – The silence following this remark was louder than gunfire. Jonty realized, too late, far too late, that he’d said far too much.
- WEDNESDAY – Jonty giggled again. “Orlando, I don’t know who coaches you in romantic conversation, but they’re leading you badly astray.”
- THURSDAY – Jonty noted the swear word and reveled in the influence he was having on his strait-laced friend.
- FRIDAY – Jonty sniggered once more. “You should have studied English, this is just the sort of thing to greatly increase one’s understanding of the works of Donne or Lovelace. Half the reason the dunderheads can’t grasp the essentials of the Bard is that they have no real experience of life, in all its glories and tragedies. Perhaps the college should consider making romantic activity a compulsory part of the syllabus?”
- SATURDAY – Seven simple words, none of them above one syllable, apart from his name, but complicated enough to make Jonty’s world spin. For possibly the first time in his life he lost the ability to speak and had to acquiesce with a simple nod of the head.
Week 50: November 5, 2017 – November 11, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:26 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||31:04 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||31:23 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:51 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:11 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:08 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:22 min:sec||1 mile|