- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Pressure Head (The Plumber’s Mate Book 1) by J.L. Merrow
This old Samhain Series is about to be republished at Riptide over the first few months of next year, including a shiny new book 5, so I figured it’s time for a re-read of the first four books. This series is one of my top three favorites (don’t ask me to rank them, I’d have to consider them tied).
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – They’re both toms, although most people assume slim, sleek Merlin is a she. Personally, I think he’s gay. He’s always rubbing up against Arthur as if he’d like them to be more than just good friends. Fortunately Arthur’s too thick to notice. He’s a big ginger bruiser who’d probably flatten Merlin if he realized he fancied him. Not very metrosexual, old Arthur.
- MONDAY – “What do you want?” I was uncomfortably aware I’d been wearing this shirt yesterday. I had a clean T-shirt on underneath—I’m not a slob—but he still made me feel like something the cats had dragged in and then played with for a bit before losing interest and batting it under the sofa.
- TUESDAY – What did Southgate tell you about me?” he asked, his tone and expression neutral. I bet he practiced that sort of thing in front of a mirror.
- WEDNESDAY – Had he set this up? I sent him a suspicious look, but seeing it only reached the back of his head as he set off down the hill without waiting for an answer, I might as well have saved myself the bother.
- THURSDAY – She looked down her no doubt professionally sculpted little nose at Phil and me like we were something the cat had picked up on the mat.
- FRIDAY – “Er, right. We’ll see you around, then.” I managed not to wipe my palm on my jeans until after the front door had closed behind us.
- SATURDAY – “Cheers. Actually, mind if I use your loo? I’ve just come from a job.” Was lying to a vicar in his vicarage as bad as lying in church, or only as bad as any other lie? I’d have crossed my fingers, but I didn’t want Jesus thinking I was taking the mick.
Week 51: November 12, 2017 – November 18, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:29 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:27 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:42 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:20 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:47 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:52 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:13 min:sec||1 mile|
9 thoughts on “Treadmill Week 51 & What I #amreading – Pressure Head by JL Merrow”
Do you realize that next week, you’ve been keeping this up for an entire year??!! That’s so great! ❤️
I know! I’m trying to decide what to read. Seems like it ought to be an old favorite?
Yes. Something celebratory that makes you feel good! 🙂
I’m going with one of my earliest favorites.
hehehe sounds like you’re having a nice Sunday, indeed. Love the series too, and you treadmill goals are…inspiring. Er. That’s it. No envy, or anything around here. 😉
Thank you! ♡
There are 3 M/M series that I always list as my favorites, and I’d be hard put to rank them against each other. This is one of them. I adore it, and can hardly wait for the next installment (I think it’s due out in May).
My other 2 favorites are The Adrien English Mysteries by Josh Lanyon, and the Sixth Sense series by Sarah Madison. Apparently I’ve got a thing for mysteries and rocky beginnings with good character growth.
Oh, and a dash of hurt/comfort. They all seem to have a little of that!
3 of my favorites too! This must mean something wonderful, for sure. hehehe
Hahaha! I’m sure it does! 💕