- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
Week 52!!!!! Holy moly, that’s a whole year!!!!! I celebrated by rereading one of my earliest favorites that I first read years and years ago. It’s a super sweet new adult story.
What I #amreading: Wes and Toren by J.M. Colail
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – “No, thank you.” I stood just inside the front door, gripping the straps of my bag tightly. I looked around at the mismatched furniture, the nicked-up coffee table with two overflowing ashtrays, and the gold shag carpeting from the 1970s.
- MONDAY – “Man, for an honor student, you sure can be dumb sometimes. What do you think I’m doing?” he said with a smile, continuing to unbutton and unzip my pants.
- TUESDAY – Wesley’s eyes grew big and he shook his head. “You think I settled for you? You’ve got it all wrong. I didn’t settle for you; you were the one I wanted all along. I wonder why you settled for me?”
- WEDNESDAY – Wesley stared at me and a smirk curled the corners of his mouth. “Hey, did you do it too? While thinking about me?”
- THURSDAY – Wesley stared into my eyes and then laughed with a sense of relief. I was glad to see his smile. “You just turned the worst day of my life into the best day ever.”
- FRIDAY – Nope…lots and lots of mowing and yard work today instead of treadmilling/reading.
- SATURDAY – “The first time I kissed you, it was like my head was suddenly clear. I realized that everything that happened didn’t matter. I didn’t care that I was gay. I knew that everything would be okay if I could be with you. It was like I hadn’t been born until I met you. I know this probably doesn’t make any sense, but it was honestly how I felt.”
Week 52: November 19, 2017 – November 25, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:09 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:14 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||31:31 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:53 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:53 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||1-1/2 hours||Lots of Mowing/Etc.|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:30 min:sec||1 mile|