- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
It was a two-book week. Two sweet stories, both with a Christmas theme.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – Sinking into my chair behind the desk, I realised if my life were a book, it would be a bloody boring one. A title which would forever remain on the shelf.
- MONDAY – “Bloody well is,” he said with feeling. “The most edible thing we had for lunch today was the skin off the rice pudding.”
- TUESDAY – I scrunched my eyes closed. I’d done it again. “How come the floor never opens up and swallows you when you need it to?”
- WEDNESDAY – “Then that’s what we’ll do.” I kissed Mark on the top of his head. He wriggled contentedly in my arms.
- THURSDAY – Mark stared at the book for the longest time. I saw his shoulders had started shaking. He was crying. What had I done wrong?
- FRIDAY – “With you, my angel, it couldn’t be anything else.” I put my arm around his waist and we climbed the stairs together.”
- FRIDAY – “Aw, bless your heart.” He didn’t even try to sound polite. He’d had it with her and the rest of the family. This was the reason he never saw them anymore.
- SATURDAY – The sight made Ellis’s mouth more parched than a car battery boiled dry, and he licked his lips, desperate for some moisture.
- SATURDAY (BONUS LINE) – Ellis took pity on him, raised his head, and kissed him. A soft, quick kiss, meant to take all the pressure away from Casey. “I know, boo.” He leaned his forehead against Casey’s. “I know,” he repeated.
Week 53: November 26, 2017 – December 2, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:01 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:45 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:35 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:08 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||33:10 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:07 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||41:28 min:sec||1.3 miles|