- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
I’d intended to start reading Ruby Moone’s Regency Rogues Box Set that I’d preordered on Black Friday, but didn’t pay enough attention to the release date. Looks like I’ve got to put that off until the 23rd! No worries, I was happy to fill the week with a shorter story and a jump start on a longer one.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – In the years at Quix’s establishment he had discovered that most men desired to be listened to as much as they desired a good fuck. Jaxom Re was an educated man, a man of refinement. It might be that he was one of those who prized companionship as highly as sex. No one had ever desired such a thing from Faro before, but he began to hope it was true now.
- MONDAY – If he meant that Faro’s interest lay in the small sphere of his own life and concerns, he was correct. First and foremost Faro took care of himself. He controlled what he could and did not allow himself to fret over what he could not control. Life was less painful that way.
- TUESDAY – Because God. He was face to…crotch with a fricking giant. The man in the middle of the room had massive shoulders, biceps straining the sleeves of his Henley, a chest twice the width of Gideon’s. He’d be huge if he were standing on the floor, but the floor wasn’t good enough for this guy. Oh no. He had fricking two-foot metal stilts strapped to his feet. He looked like half an Imperial Walker.
- WEDNESDAY – So many things wrong with that statement, but Alex refused to go there—or at least not all the way there. “Tell me this. You think the only reason I need to be attracted to someone is that he’s obviously gay?”
- THURSDAY – Alex rose from the sofa, all controlled power and mythic proportions. Holy Mary, mother of pearl. Release the Kraken. Gideon snatched his T-shirt off the floor and wrapped it around his hips like a bargain-basement pareo, trying to regain a shred or two of dignity, although his instinct was to run shrieking down the hall.
- FRIDAY – Grabbing the door handles, he took a deep breath. He’d never gone the drag route, but damn it, when necessary he could make an entrance with the panache of RuPaul at the Palace.
- SATURDAY – Gideon pasted a smile on his face and opened the door. God, Alex dwarfed the landing, looming like Haystack Rock at low tide. The frantic surf of Gideon’s panic could crash against that stoic calm for millennia and not erode it by a single molecule.
Week 55: December 10, 2017 – December 16, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:21 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||31:08 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||31:02 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:08 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:32 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||31:51 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||32:21 min:sec||1 mile|