- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
I’m starting a new book this week. This time it’s another re-read to refresh my mind on the details of the series in preparation for the release of book 3 in March. I will admit that I broke the 5th rule, above, and finished book 1 Sunday morning before starting book 2 for use on the treadmill this week (sorry).
What I #amreading: All’s Fair Book 2: Fair Play by Josh Lanyon
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: Tucker spoke away from the phone. His voice returned. “Okay. Gotta go. I’ll talk to you tonight. Take care.” Take care was Tucker’s on-the-job code for I love you. – Aww❣️
- MONDAY: At two o’clock in the morning the raccoons launched a full-on assault of the trash bins behind the cabin. They were mostly thwarted by Elliot’s unexpected appearance. He restrained himself from shooting them in retaliation for scaring the hell out of him.
- TUESDAY: That was Tucker’s code for sex. “You want to go upstairs and talk?” he’d say with perfect seriousness.
- WEDNESDAY: Elliot leaned forward, knuckles pressing hard into the desk blotter. he felt weak with relief and embarrassed that he hadn’t been able to hide his fear. “Okay. Well. I don’t think I need any more caffeine today.”
- THURSDAY: He leaned his forehead against Elliot’s. Elliot stroked his back, listening. Listening for what Tucker wasn’t saying as well as what he was. 💕
- FRIDAY: Tucker squared his shoulders, as though readying for battle. “I didn’t lie. I won’t ever lie to you.” Even to make it easier on himself. Elliot acknowledged that truth wryly.
- SATURDAY: For the second time that night, Tucker’s honesty startled him. Disarmed him.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 10: January 22, 2017 – January 28, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:09 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:08 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:30 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:06 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:11 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||32:10 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||31:09 min:sec||1 mile|