- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Slam! by J.L. Merrow — (This is a reread…I enjoyed the humor in last week’s book, and I was still in the mood for something comedic. I knew for a fact this one would fit the bill. It is, in fact, one of the few M/M books I have in paperback as well as in ebook format, because it’s such a favorite.)
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: “It’s fine,” I said, trying not to let my feelings show as I stared at the shriveled remains of what had probably once been meat. “Just needs a bit of…” Ketchup alone wasn’t going to cut it, I decided. “I’ll get the Worcestershire sauce. And the mustard.”
- MONDAY: “Looks like Mum’s home after all,” I said, unbuckling my seat belt and turning in an Oscar-winning portrayal of someone who hadn’t just had all his hopes dashed. “Want to come in for a coffee? She’ll probably want to thank you for saving her only son from a fate worse than conformity.
- TUESDAY: “No, that’s just Saturdays.” the whisper came from an orange-belted ninja. Did that make him a ginja? I tried not to snigger at the thought. “You’re the one who got mugged, aren’t you?” he carried on. “I was gutted I missed that.”
- WEDNESDAY: Keisha frowned. “Maybe he’s hoping for hidden depths?”
“I haven’t even got hidden shallows!”
- THURSDAY: I scooted downstairs to open the front door. And beamed. My inner Sally Field was bouncing up and down like Bubbles and gushing you like me, you really like me! because David was there, looking edible in jeans, a Timberland shirt and a smile, casually accessorized with a Tesco carrier bag.
- FRIDAY: All the cars had gone from the playground except Mum’s Ka (red, with an honest layer of grime) and David’s Nissan (all silver and shiny, like it was made out of moonbeams).
- SATURDAY: “Well, all right, but I’m not promising I’m going to eat the food. If it’s got tentacles, I’m out of here. That sort of stuff should stay in animé porn where it belongs.”
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 15: February 26, 2017 – March 4, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||33:19 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Monday||30 min/mile||38:20 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||36:04 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:10 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:15 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:09 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:29 min:sec||1 mile|