- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Unspeakable Words (2nd edition) by Sarah Madison
I loved the first edition of this book (love the whole series) and have been dying to seeing what’s been added in this new, expanded edition.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: He glanced around, trying to see his rooms with a stranger’s eyes. Floor-to-ceiling bookcases filled with neat, orderly rows of books and CDs. What would stand out more? The wide-ranging collection itself or the fact it was arranged in alphabetical order?
- MONDAY: “You’re an odd duck, Parker,” Flynn said with a smile that made the comment seem friendly, rather than an insult.
- TUESDAY: “I am not,” Flynn said, one hand on the steering wheel as he crowded Jerry, his eyes angry and intense, “part elf.”
- WEDNESDAY: “Stop the car! Stop the car!” Flynn pounded on the dash and unbuckled the seat belt even as Jerry screeched to a halt.
- THURSDAY: “It’s quite possible you have a thing for Alan Rickman, you know?”
- FRIDAY: If Flynn were a dog, his hackles would have been raised. “And yet she was obviously right to be concerned. She did indeed know a killer.”
- SATURDAY: “It’s not cheating when it happens to be true.” Flynn captured Jerry’s hand and held it still.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 19: March 26, 2017 – April 1, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:07 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||36:05 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||39:54 min:sec||1.3 miles|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||38:46 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||61:00 min:sec||2 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||39:09 min:sec||1.3 miles|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||34:14 min:sec||1.1 miles|
5 thoughts on “Treadmill Week 19 & What I #amreading – Unspeakable Words by Sarah Madison”
Look at you, being all super-sporty on Thursday! Good job 🙂
That’s a reflection on how good this book is (the whole series is amazing—possibly my all-time favorite series). If you haven’t read it, I HIGHLY recommend you give it a chance. 😀
Aha, then I get it! 🙂 I’ll keep it in mind, but it looks like one of those romance-arc-spanning-over-multiple-books kind of series, and I’m not too fond of those 🙂
//Mrs Grumpy-Pants 🙂
LOL. The romance gets to a satisfactory point in the relationship at the end of book one. It will continue to be fleshed out and grow in the others. The background stories are amazing, especially regarding how they affect the romance. I can’t recommend it hard enough.