- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Rented Heart by Garrett Leigh
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: He tore himself away and drifted to the kitchen, despite knowing the fridge was empty. Staring at its bare shelves, he imagined what he’d eat if he didn’t need the cash he’d made over the weekend for rent.
- MONDAY: The line went dead. Zac lowered his phone, but something about the way Liam had said his name had him staring at the blank screen for a long time.
- TUESDAY: Zac’s bemusement was too endearing. Liam covered the fond smile threatening to break out by opening the cutlery drawer, except it wasn’t the cutlery drawer, and it took him three tries to find the right one.
- WEDNESDAY: Zac laughed, he couldn’t help it. Jamie’s way of thinking had always been an odd, sadistic poetry, even when his fierce intelligence was dulled by the junk. “Can you chuck me off a bridge instead? I’d rather fly than swim. I don’t like the cold.”
- THURSDAY: I mowed today instead of treadmill, but I read afterward: Zac slumped back in his seat, his irrational anger all but gone. The beer he’d drunk sloshed around in his belly and he felt a little sick, and cold too. Hettie’s heaters were whirring, but they didn’t seem to kick out much warmth. He closed his eyes, shivered, and rested his head against the window, wishing it was Liam’s shoulder.
- FRIDAY: “I don’t believe that.” Liam held out his hand and pulled Zac back to the door. “I recon you can do amazing things. You just don’t know it yet.”
- SATURDAY: If the question had come from anyone else, Liam would’ve dodged it—changed the subject and moved on—but somehow he knew that whatever answer he gave, Zac would understand.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 21: April 9, 2017 – April 15, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:46 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:35 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:29 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:07 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:00 min:sec||(Approx. I mowed front yard only and forgot to start stopwatch feature on phone.)|
|Friday||30 min/mile||33:56 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:11 min:sec||1 mile|