- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Wake Up Call by J.L. Merrow
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: The old git had disappeared somewhere, to change a barrel or maybe to drink one, so the bar was now staffed by a middle-aged-to-elderly barmaid who looked like she’d run out of fucks to give a week ago last Tuesday.
- MONDAY: Kyle didn’t say anything, but his shoulders had relaxed. Dev snuck a glance at the man’s face. With the beard and all, even neatly trimmed, he had a sort of wild look. Like he belonged out here, with the cliffs and the sea and all that dodgy history of smugglers and wreckers.
- TUESDAY: “What, particularly smelly round here, are they? Must be feeding ’em too much seafood. Mind you, my mate Baz’s farts are well rank, and he can’t stand fish. So are you doing, like, evening classes in Cornish or something?”
- WEDNESDAY: [Much as it killed me to pass on reading today (due to mowing), between NaNoWriMo and critique/beta obligations, I didn’t have the time today.]
- THURSDAY: Dev sat on the beach gazing out to sea until the hot sun had dried him off enough to get his kit back on. His kecks were still pretty soggy—not to mention sandy, because there was a limit to how long he was prepared to stand there in public dusting off his own arse—but that couldn’t be helped. Anyway, even if a wet patch soaked through onto his jeans, hopefully people would assume he’d been in the sea rather than that he’d peed himself.
- FRIDAY: Dev broke into a sunny grin. “You kidding? Anything up from spaggihoops out of a can is dead posh in my book.” He stepped inside as he spoke and closed the door behind him.
- SATURDAY: Maybe looking for someone to off-load to, if she was in the mood to listen which, yeah, knowing her, he ought to give up on that hope right now. Although if he did manage to get her to listen, she’d probably be up for calling him a stupid tosser when he’d finished. It’d be good to see her, anyhow.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 22: April 16, 2017 – April 22, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:56 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||32:09 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:18 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||1 hour (Approx. I mowed front & back. Didn’t set stopwatch.)||Don’t know. Bonus points for the hills?|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||34:03 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:29 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:19 min:sec||1 mile|