- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Hoarfrost (Whyborne & Griffin VI) by Jordan L. Hawk
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: A little tingle ran up my arm. There was something here after all.
- MONDAY: I’d almost reached the library without encountering anyone save for a few curators. For a moment, I considered pretending I hadn’t heard Bradley, but past experience taught me he’d only keep calling until I gave up and acknowledged his presence.
- TUESDAY: 😢
- WEDNESDAY: I lay rigidly on my back in the bed. To my left, a bony man twitched and muttered in his sleep. To my right, and enormous fellow let out snores that could probably be heard in Canada. The bunk above us sagged alarmingly, and the entire room echoed to a chorus of snores, wheezing, and other, even more indelicate sounds. I doubted most of the men had bathed this week, and those who didn’t reek of sweat were pickled in alcohol.
- THURSDAY: He sighed, and a rueful smile curled one corner of his mouth. “No. I’m afraid I don’t.”
- FRIDAY: “Well, no, but that’s in general.” Whyborne flapped his hand vaguely. “This is…specific.”
- SATURDAY: We lingered over slices of what was alleged to be pie, although in my experience pie ordinarily had less dough and more filling.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 23: April 23, 2017 – April 29, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:55 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:21 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||1 hour 30 min.||Trimmed, mowed, and blew both front and back yards.|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||32:12 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:13 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:23 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:50 min:sec||1 mile|