- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: A Stranger in Skoria and A Slave in Skoria by John Tristan
These are rereads. I loved the books, and it’s been a while since I’ve read them.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: We shared a glance, like coconspirators. For a moment everything was treacherously normal. Then he reached up and touched my cheek, his mouth turning down prettily, and said, “You’re going to be all right.”
- MONDAY: One of his crewmen—a three-eyed woman, her skin red as brick—had come to his door. He cleared his throat and pulled back from me, seeming almost embarrassed.
- TUESDAY: Suddenly Elyn stopped and turned to glare at me. I mentally replayed the last few minutes and became aware zie had been speaking to me. I’d not heard a word. I’d been too absorbed in studying the metal tangle of the Rumor.
- WEDNESDAY: I thought of Theo, of Helen, and the others at the library. How long would it be until they noticed I was gone? I didn’t have much of a family to speak of anymore. They might be the only ones who would notice. Where would they think I’d gone, I wondered? Well, whatever they thought they’d be wrong. I was pretty sure “alien love slave” wouldn’t be in their mental list of my possible fates.
- THURSDAY: 😒
- FRIDAY: “Greetings!” Aedar sounded strangely cheery. One of his guns rested casually on his knee as he leaned over the rim of the boat. “Sorry to see you’ve gotten stuck. Can we help take a few things off your hands?”
- SATURDAY: I looked up at him with a sullen frown and tried to cover why nakedness with my hands. “Yeah? Well, nice to meet you. I’m Jason Vale. Now can you tell me what the hell is going on?”
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 26: May 14, 2017 – May 20, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:21 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||35:31 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:34 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||32:02 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||1-1/2 hours||Mowed, trimmed, and blew both from and back yards.|
|Friday||30 min/mile||31:02 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:22 min:sec||1 mile|