- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: The Mermaid Murders (Art of Murder #1) by Josh Lanyon
I just bought The Monet Murders (Art of Murder #2) and figured I should reread this one first. I know the mysteries are unrelated, but I want to get a good feel for the romance arc.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: Kennedy threw him a sardonic look as they exited the parking lot. Or at least the twist of his mouth was sardonic. The dark Oakleys he wore concealed his eyes. He looked to be in his mid-forties. Not handsome, but he had the kind of face you didn’t forget easily. Although Jason was going to try his best the minute this case was over.
- MONDAY: Jason positioned himself next to the front door. It afforded a cattycorner view of the kitchen, which was in the process of either being remodeled or sold for parts.
- TUESDAY: McEnroe shook his head, but whether he meant no or you’re out of your mind was unclear.
- WEDNESDAY: Kennedy made a sound of acknowledgment. Or maybe that was as close as he got to amusement.
- THURSDAY: It took a little over an hour to make the trek, and that was due more to the caution that had to be exercised crawling through the Sleeping Beauty wall of thorns growing under the underpass.
- FRIDAY: Kennedy’s eyes met his. Kennedy grinned. The effect of that broad white display of perfect teeth was startling. He looked younger and a lot friendlier.
- SATURDAY: I tapped that. The unbidden memory startled him. Or maybe what startled him was that the memory made him feel sorry of warm and tingly.
Yes, I mowed on Saturday, but I finished the book, so I worked in a snippet anyway.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 28: May 28, 2017 – June 3, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:25 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:09 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:58 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:57 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||33:13 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:41 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||1-1/2 hours||mowed and trimmed front and back yards.|