- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: The Monet Murders (Art of Murder #2) by Josh Lanyon
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: The pier deck was filled, as were the lower lots barricaded by black and whites, their blue and red LED lights flashing in the night like sinister amusement-park rides.
- MONDAY: Don’t patronize me, Jason thought bitterly. He could feel Kennedy willing him to look up and meet his gaze. Jason continued to study the photos. One thing you learned in the Bureau was how to hide your feelings.
- TUESDAY: Well, you’ve got my interest,” Durrand said meaningfully, and if Jason still had any doubts as to Durrand’s sexuality, that mischievous pucker of a smile put them to rest. “Why don’t you come back to my office?”
- WEDNESDAY: Suddenly it wasn’t funny anymore. “What the hell does that have to do with anything?”
- THURSDAY: Or maybe Jason was getting paranoid in his old age. Spending too much time with a guy like Sam Kennedy would make anyone start to see the dark side of every human interaction.
- FRIDAY: Full moons, thunder and lightning, dark and stormy nights were the staples of both thriller and horror films, but in Jason’s opinion there was nothing more mysterious or eerie than fog winding its silent, sinuous way through the woods, smothering sight and sound in a soft white shroud.
- SATURDAY: The smell of rain and damp earth drifted into the too-hot room. They couldn’t quite mask the other thing he smelled.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 29: June 4, 2017 – June 10, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:42 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:30 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:12 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:45 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||36:33 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||31:03 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:13 min:sec||1 mile|