- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Details of the Hunt by Laura Baumbach ♡
It’s another reread. I think I’m going to stick with rereads in general for my treadmill books, because it’s often torturous having to put the book aside after just a teasing bit each day. At least with rereads I know what’s going to happen, even though I enjoy re-experiencing it.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – Maymon peered over the edge of the schooner’s aft and studied the swirling waters twenty feet below. The rising wind tossed his long hair in the air until it danced around his head like a wreath of sea serpents hell-bent on taking flight.
- MONDAY – Barlow seemed to shrink back without really moving. Talos briefly considered holding negotiations in the nude all the time. The intimidation factor seemed to work wonders.
- TUESDAY – Aidan Maymon didn’t have the slightest idea of where he was or where he was going, so getting lost was impossible.
- WEDNESDAY – “Might be able to make a bit of a trade, if you were in a mind for it. Say, my freedom in exchange for…well, let’s call it a private boarding party, eh? What say you to that, guv?”
- THURSDAY – “What is it with you humans? No one else around this galaxy’s allowed to have a heart? And if they do, they have to wear it on their sleeve? Wise up. Scientists proved a long time ago Earth wasn’t the center of the universe. Humans just still think it is.”
- FRIDAY – Smelled better, too. Like the first sunny day after the hurricane season blew through the islands, rich, warm, clean and full of the promise of hidden adventures yet to come.
- SATURDAY – “Hang on there, you bug-eyed pus bucket of a pox-ridden snake.” Maymon struggled against Barlow’s surprisingly strong grip, attempting to go to her aid.
Week 33: July 9, 2017 – July 15, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:15 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||34:19 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||34:22 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||40:15 min:sec||1.3 miles|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||33:30 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||48:25 min:sec||1.6 miles|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:16 min:sec||1 mile|