- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Officer Charming and the Prince Who Wooed Him and The Great Pretender, both by Sarah Hadley Brook.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – Chad always found it hilarious that friends automatically wanted to set him up wit the hone gay man they knew. As if being gay was the only criteria needed for them to be attracted to each other.
- MONDAY – But things were topsy-turvy this time. He didn’t feel in control of the situation and one thing Chad always liked was to be in control. He was always the one that asked the guy out. Always the one to make the moves. Jeff made him feel…unsettled.
- TUESDAY – Lydia grinned and waggled her eyebrows. “Helping. Is that what they call it now?”
- WEDNESDAY – Wooing. There was that word again. Fuck. It made him sound like a damsel in distress and it pissed him off. He gritted his teeth and tried not to bark at her.
- THURSDAY – He had no idea how long he sat there. It could have been five minutes or an hour. All he knew was it took every ounce of strength he had to make his way upstairs to get ready for work.
- FRIDAY – Gene smiled as he brought the straw to his lips. “Mine, too. The lyrics are beautiful. Sometimes…well, sometimes I think we spend too much time pretending to be someone we’re not.” His eyes traced over Billy’s face slowly as he took a sip. “Don’t you get tired of pretending”? His voice had dropped to a whisper.
- SATURDAY – This was getting him nowhere. “Fuck it,” he muttered. “You really want to know what I was thinking?”
Week 54: December 3, 2017 – December 9, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:25 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:42 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:30 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:19 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:26 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||32:54 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:32 min:sec||1 mile|
2 thoughts on “Treadmill Week 54 & What I #amreading – Officer Charming and the Prince Who Wooed Him & The Great Pretender by Sarah Hadley Brook”
” Officer Charming and the Prince Who Wooed Him” – LOVE the title!! 🙂
I know…I couldn’t resist it! Both were sweet stories.