- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (exception…at the end of the week where a book is highlighted, I will finish it off-treadmill so I can feature something new the next week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
The first of the two books this week I had the privilege to be able to beta read. It was wonderful then so I’ve been looking forward to reading the polished up final version.
The 2nd book got bumped up in my TBR after reading Nell Iris’s review of the story.
The third book has been languishing in my TBR for a very long time, and I decided it was past time it rose to the surface.
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – I blinked. I couldn’t believe how vulnerable and small he looked. As if the weight of the world rested on his huge shoulders and he was about to crumble under it. I wanted to reach out and comfort him but kept my hands to myself.
- MONDAY – But the curve of his back was defenseless and somehow the big guy had made himself small next to me. As if he was the wounded prey trying to escape the predator, and in that scenario, I was the man-eating monster. Everything inside me screamed to leave this man alone if all I was after was a quick fuck.
- TUESDAY – Lawrence realized his heart was thudding hard, and he was holding his breath as he waited for Christy to respond. he looked at him for a long moment. Lawrence couldn’t read what was in his eyes at all, and that was unusual because Christy was usually something of an open book. When he didn’t speak immediately, Lawrence feared for a moment that he had got the whole thing entirely wrong.
- WEDNESDAY – Christy wavered. Lawrence’s instinct had been right, he responded far better to instructions than kindness. No doubt a legacy from his army days.
- THURSDAY – Lawrence found his own lips curving into a smile. “Thank you. I think this is the point at which you should offer at least a platitude or two in reassurance.”
- FRIDAY – He wasn’t prepared for the redheaded stranger opening the door. Startled by the sight, Olly gaped. He’d never seen so much gingerness from so close–he didn’t know whether to be awed or horrified.
- SATURDAY – The look Olly gave Rich was equivalent to a slap in the face. Or more like a fist to the jaw. “Fuck you, Dick.” Olly spat the words out. I’m not here for you. I came to help Sandy out, and I’ll stay. If you don’t like it, too fucking bad. You can take your attitude and shove it up your ginger ass.” He was staring Rich down something fierce, but his smooth young face and the floppy blond hair shading his eyes ruined the effect. Like one pissed off kitten, he was rather…NOT CUTE–Rich cut off that line of thinking real quick.
Week 56: December 17, 2017 – December 23, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:52 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||31:04 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:42 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||32:33 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:10 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:19 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||31:01 min:sec||1 mile|