- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
What I #amreading: Fair Chance (All’s Fair Book 3) by Josh Lanyon
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY: The photo had been taken a few years earlier, before Roland’s hair and beard had started to silver. The Roland in the photo peered intimidatingly over his round spectacles as though he’d been interrupted in the midst of writing some groundbreaking essay on human rights violations. In fact, he simply didn’t like having his photo taken.
- MONDAY: Tucker shook his head. “As your father would say, you’re one uptight cat, Mills.”
- TUESDAY: He stretched his hand across the table. Tucker’s fingers laced his, gripping him back with equal warmth and strength.
- WEDNESDAY: Elliot grimaced, but it was kind of nice not to have to pretend he wasn’t in pain when he was. Thankfully, they had moved past the stage where he felt honor-bound to constantly prove he was every bit as tough as Tucker, bum knee or not. And a lot of that was probably due to Tucker not being the kind of asshole who believed masculinity was about sexual endurance or bench-pressing your car.
- THURSDAY: Elliot said, “And here I thought the evening couldn’t get any weirder.
- FRIDAY: Elliot continued to sit in the lot while cars came and went, commuters picking up and dropping off. A typical busy Monday morning and no one seemed to have noticed that over the course of the weekend the world had been knocked clean out of orbit.
- SATURDAY: Even though I mowed, I did finish the book afterward. So I’ll go ahead and give favorite line anyway: It was the worried kindness, the sincere concern that got to him, made him feel about seven years old again, when there was pretty much nothing his father couldn’t set right for him, and for one awful moment Elliot feared he was going to break down.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Week 20: April 2, 2017 – April 8, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||40:43 min:sec||1.3 miles|
|Monday||30 min/mile||32:38 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||33:40 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||37:35 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||36:13 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|Friday||30 min/mile||35:47 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Saturday||Who knows?|| 40:29 min:sec (Front)
32:08 min:sec (Back)
|Dunno, I mowed the lawn instead of treadmill. Trust me, it was a bigger workout.|