My schedule so far leading up to GRL as well as at the event is:
- Sat. Sept. 9, 2017 – I’ll have a GRL-related Guest Post up at Joyfully Jay M/M Romance Reviews & More‘s blog where I’ll talk about my anxieties as a total newbie to GRL (or, for that matter, any convention).
- Mon., Sept. 25, 2017 (Don’t know the time yet) — I scored a much-coveted spot on Jeff & Will’s Big Gay Fiction podcast!
- Wed. Oct. 18, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m. — Newbie Orientation — I’m going to try very hard to arrive in time to attend this (I wanna get one of those GRL virgin cherry stickers! 😉).
- Thurs., Oct. 19, 2017 @ 12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. — Spotlight: Author Reading (I haven’t decided what I’ll read yet.)
- Thurs., Oct. 19, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. — Author Lounge at Evergreen Foyer
- Fri., Oct. 20, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. — Author Lounge at Evergreen Foyer
My understanding is that the author lounge time is when I’ll be available for signing books and handing out swag. Speaking of swag, I need to get busy ordering that kind of stuff!
I managed to secure a spot on the Indie Pub Authors’ table where I’ll have books for sale throughout the retreat. Apparently, unless an author’s publisher(s) has a sale table or they’ve secured a coveted spot on the indie table, they can only sell books during their Author Lounge times.
My current GRL-related to-do list includes:
- Sign up for the special event sales tax, so I’ll be able to sell books at the event.
- Have someone with more skills than me design what’ll go on my swag.
- Order swag.
- Book flight or reserve a rental car (9 hour drive) (hotel was done when I signed up for GRL so I got a room in the reserved block).
If I’m missing anything critical (I’m a total newbie) or you have any suggestions, please leave your suggestions!
These are the paperbacks I’ll have with me to sell/sign at the event (you can preorder using the link, above, so you don’t risk missing out!):