- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading (rereading): Loving Jay by Renae Kaye ♡
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – His voice had given me shivers for days. It was definitely masculine but with hint of high pitch in it. Like a pubescent boy getting used to his breaking voice. The voice was kind and soft and with a hint of fem in it as he exclaimed, “Oh. My. Gawd!” at whatever the granny was saying. Now that shivery, spine-tingling voice was addressing me directly.
- MONDAY – Attendance at our family’s Sunday Roast was strictly compulsory, only death or a stay in the hospital could get you out of it. If you had the flu you still had to turn up. If you were covered in a poison ivy rash you still had to turn up. If you were in jail you still had to turn up. And if you were married, engaged, or dating, you had to bring “the other half.” No excuses. Ever.
- TUESDAY – “What if I decide I don’t really like girls?”
- WEDNESDAY – I pulled away out of his reach. “Jay, stop! Seriously? You think I’m going to let you pluck anything on me?”
- THURSDAY – “Hey, Picasso! Do you want this cloth to clean up or are you planning on transferring that to canvas?”
- FRIDAY – I introduced him to boutique microbrews; he introduced me to green tea. He allowed me to teach him to play Xbox; I allowed him to put green clay on my face. I laughed and declined to wax any part of my body; he laughed and declined to remove the plastic sunflower from Daisy’s aerial.
- SATURDAY – I’d deliberately chosen to go for another football team, rather than his beloved Eagles, and he’d… Well, okay. Maybe he’d never forgiven me for that one but there has to one a line drawn somewhere, and backing a different football team was just going too far.
Week 39: August 20, 2017 – August 26, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:56 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:58 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||34:00 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:46 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:05 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||33:22 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:29 min:sec||1 mile|