- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading (rereading): Stranger on the Shore by Josh Lanyon ♡ (This is a favorite of mine. I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve reread it.)
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – “Come in,” called a voice. Age blurred gender, but the accent was the distinctive one known as Locust Valley Lockjaw.
- MONDAY – Marcus, seeming to rise out of the alcoholic mists, said abruptly, “They were playing ‘Stranger on the Shore’ that night. I remember they played it over and over.”
- TUESDAY – True. all true. But he still felt sick with the crushing weight of huge and formless worry.
- WEDNESDAY – Pierce was drinking tea at the kitchen table and eating toast. He had removed his trench coat, suit jacket and muddy shoes. He looked impossibly poised for a man in socks and shirtsleeves. Studying Griff with open and not unfriendly appraisal, he said, “feeling better?”
- THURSDAY – “It’s disconcerting to see us through your eyes.” Jarrett smiled faintly. “I hope you’re not a poker player, my boy.”
- FRIDAY – “I didn’t even think you liked me,” Pierce muttered after a time, as though he’d been thinking it over.
- SATURDAY – He was serious. “One of us is crazy,” Griff said. “He bears a striking resemblance to you.”
Week 40: August 27, 2017 – September 2, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:02 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:54 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:56 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||32:29 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:48 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||34:21 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||33:10 min:sec||1.1 miles|