- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Provoked (Enlightenment 1) by Joanna Chambers
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – A wave of intense sadness and loneliness swamped him. Was this all there was? A few brief moments of connection—the grasp of another’s hand on the scaffold—and then you were cast out, alone, into the great universe?
- MONDAY – A lamb may as well go looking for a wolf.
- TUESDAY – As David drew away, he thought that Balfour—he couldn’t think of him by any other name—gave his hand the lightest press. But the man’s expression remained so politely distant that afterwards David wondered if he’d imagined it.
- WEDNESDAY – Are you quite sure you’re a lawyer, Lauriston? There is something touchingly naïve about you at times that is quite at odds with your profession.”
- THURSDAY – Balfour’s eyes glittered. “I wish I knew,” he said, and it was such a surprising response that David couldn’t think how to reply.
- FRIDAY – The grate glowed with the embers of an earlier blaze, and the wasted luxury of a fire burning in an unoccupied room shocked David somewhere in the depths of his Presbyterian soul.
- SATURDAY – Balfour seemed reluctant to speak but eventually, when David kept looking at him questioningly, he muttered, “I’d rather you didn’t.”
Week 42: September 10, 2017 – September 16, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||30:51 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||32:17 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||31:36 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||34:13 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:34 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||31:20 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:10 min:sec||1 mile|