- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Cinnamon Eyes by Nell Iris
I had the pleasure of beta reading this beautiful story and have been torn between wanting to read the final polished version, and wanting to wait long enough that it would feel like a fresh story. I’ve waited long enough! ♡
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – (Mowed today, and since the story isn’t overlong, I figured I’d hold off starting it until Monday.)
- MONDAY – After shooting me an amused look—what was that all about?—the Twinktender was off to help another customer.
- TUESDAY – He hugged me tight. “Oh, Cory. What happened to you?” he whispered, his mouth so close to my ear that the puffs of air he expelled as he spoke made me shiver.
- WEDNESDAY – Did he remember the last time we’d said goodbye, too? How we’d clung to each other, refusing to let go until my father had physically pried me out of Asher’s arms and forced me to leave?
- THURSDAY – Asher combed his fingers through his hair. “This day is fucking weird,” he muttered. [I’m going to break in here to say I LOVE the changes made to the “Mike scenes” between the beta and final versions of the story!]
- FRIDAY – We were interrupted by a loud clearing of a throat and an amused, “Well, well, well. I had no idea it was hump your man at work-day today. I wish someone had told me.”
And because I couldn’t decide between two snippets for Friday, here’s another one:
“Aw, shit.” He flung himself on a stool across from me and plunked a hot-pink cocktail on the table. I couldn’t take my eyes off it. What on earth was in that thing to give it that color? Bubblegum and the blood of a virgin Barbie?
- SATURDAY – “I have stuff all over your apartment. And I swear on your tummy-hairs.”
Week 43: September 17, 2017 – September 23, 2017
|Sunday||30 min/mile||1-1/2 hours||Full Mow & Trim|
|Monday||30 min/mile||31:07 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||32:55 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||31:27 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||31:48 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:40 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||31:05 min:sec||1 mile|