Treadmill Goals (for now):
- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Note: My daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Current book: Whyborne and Griffin Book 2 – Threshold – by Jordan L. Hawk
My favorite lines from today’s reading:
- Ain’t you just a huckleberry above a persimmon! – I learned a new idiom today. I looked it up to be sure of the meaning (something slightly better than something else).
- “Well bugger me blind,” Miss Dyhart said. Thank heavens I had been hardened by Christine’s frequent exclamations, although at least she kept most of hers in Arabic. “This is going call for more whiskey.” – LOL. Christine is awesome even when she’s not actually in the scene.
- Actually, never mind. If he knew I’d spent the night surrounded by female prostitutes, he’s probably consider it a sign of improvement. – Poor Whyborne. This thought about his father is probably accurate.
- “Finished reminiscing with Mr. Manning, are you?” – Jealous are we, Whyborne? Hahaha!
- “Amazing how women react when you treat them as human beings, isn’t it?” – Word. Christine for the win…again.
|30 min/mile||33:06 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|? (mowing)|| 1:08:15.48
|30 min/mile||38:09 min:sec||1.2 miles|
|30 min/mile||33:10 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|30 min/mile||30:44 min:sec||1 mile|
|30 min/mile||33:15 min:sec||1.1 miles|
|30 min/mile||33:11 min:sec||1.1 miles|
4 thoughts on “Treadmill Challenge Day 07 & What I #amreading – Threshold by Jordan L. Hawk”
oh fun you’re reading Whyborne and Griffin Book 2 – Threshold! That was a fun read for me… kind of wish someone broke a leg or something though, but that’s okay.
LOL. You would! I’m sure the action will heat up eventually, but I’m well enough entertained with the banter in the meantime, and there’s enough going on with the setup to keep it interesting. 🙂
That idiom cracked me up too! You just have to love the characters. I’m glad you’re liking the book, the series is incredible!! Congratulations on your mile +1!!! Woo Hoo!!! Way to stick with your goals!!!!
Thank you! Yes, the characters are all fantastic!