- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (the only exception to this is Saturday nights, if I want to finish off a book so I can start a fresh one for the new week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
What I #amreading: Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits (Liam and Ondry 3) by Lyn Gala
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – Mowed – Didn’t Read
- MONDAY – And he’d wondered if Ondry had any taste buds left because kaile tasted a lot like someone had taken unsweetened lemon bread, burnt it to a crisp, and then crumbled it.
- TUESDAY – “That’s different,” Liam said. He had the distinct feeling she was trying to make a point, but as usual, he figured she had aimed that point about a mile over his head. He might understand Rownt better, but he was losing his ability to decode humans.
- WEDNESDAY – Liam pulled his eyebrows down in an expression that would have been aggression in a Rownt, but Ondry recognized it as confusion. Ondry stroked the side of Liam’s neck to comfort him. This is what Grandmothers could not do.
- THURSDAY – Liam opened his mouth and then closed it again. While Liam’s distress bothered Ondry, he felt it important to understand the significance, and the human database Diallo had provided often confused issues when it came to interpersonal relationships.
- FRIDAY – Liam tried to find a word that would capture the essence of the Rownt. “They’re cautious—slow to make up their minds and firm in their decisions once they’ve come to a consensus.”
- SATURDAY – Liam had taken his former battle mate’s words to heart, and they were like a poisonous thorn stuck in that vital organ. Ondry didn’t know how to pull the venom out, but he was unwilling to allow it to fester.
Week 49: October 29, 2017 – November 4, 2017
|Sunday||Mowed Front & Back, Blew Leaves||1-1/2 Hours||Don’t Know|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:40 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||30:24 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:57 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||32:05 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:41 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||59:40 min:sec||1.9 miles|
7 thoughts on “Treadmill Week 49 & What I #amreading – Affiliations, Aliens, and other Profitable Pursuits by Lyn Gala”
hahaha ‘distance: don’t know’ sounds good to me 😀
LOL. With the hills, it’s a better workout than the treadmill, though, even if I don’t know the numbers. 😀
Yay, Ondry and Liam!! 🙂
And I know I have a dirty mind, but you “blew leaves”…really?? 😂😂
Oh, and speaking of a dirty mind, I give you this: 😁😁
Hahahaha! Gotta wonder if the sign writer knew what they were doing or if they’re really that naive.