- Get on the treadmill (or equivalent exercise) daily
- Pace is fine at 30 min/mile, although I may up it on occasion
- Time range between 30 minutes and 1 hour per day
- Distance 1-2 miles per day
- Read the chosen book, which I won’t allow myself to read outside of my treadmill time, hopefully motivating me to reach or exceed the above goals (exception…at the end of the week where a book is highlighted, I will finish it off-treadmill so I can feature something new the next week)
Note: Although I will try to avoid them, my daily #amreading updates may or may not contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
I’m pretty sure there’s a more current cover than this one, but this is the version I own, so it’s what I’ll show in case any quotes I give have been tweaked in subsequent editions.
I chose this book for a reread because I just preordered the sequel (The Ghost Had an Early Check-out) which will be available to download on January 19, and I wanted a refresher. Guess what I’ll be reading the week starting January 21? 😁
My favorite lines this week:
- SUNDAY – The kid continued to huff and puff, his thin chest rising and falling with the struggle to breathe. Maybe he’d just missed an episode of his favorite soap opera. Maybe they had discontinued his favorite flavor at Starbucks. Who the hell knew? Queers.
- MONDAY – Perry opened his mouth to decline, but he saw the glint in Nick’s eyes, the look that said he expected Perry to be a finicky little candy-ass who didn’t drink beer at midnight.
- TUESDAY – “Foster’s staying with me for the time being,” Nick said curtly, amazing himself yet again. Foster shot him on of those meltingly grateful looks that irritated and gratified Nick at the same time.
- WEDNESDAY – He didn’t need to say the words aloud. His look said it all. Perry’s gaze dropped to his plate. He carefully selected a French fry as though planning to award a prize to the perfect potato wedge.
- THURSDAY – “You can stay with me,” Nick said. Perry seemed to work to keep his expression stoic, but the ardent gratitude was right below the surface, and if they’d been alone Nick would probably have done something unwise like put an arm around those slender shoulders.
- FRIDAY – “I see that. I take coffee with my hot water.” He scowled at Perry’s mug. “Tell me those are not bunny-shaped marshmallows.”
- SATURDAY – “You thought that they would feel different about something that shocked and disgusted them if their darling little boy told them he was one of them? You really are naive.”
Week 58: December 31, 2017 – January 6, 2018
|Sunday||30 min/mile||31:47 min:sec||1 mile|
|Monday||30 min/mile||30:25 min:sec||1 mile|
|Tuesday||30 min/mile||31:04 min:sec||1 mile|
|Wednesday||30 min/mile||30:54 min:sec||1 mile|
|Thursday||30 min/mile||30:42 min:sec||1 mile|
|Friday||30 min/mile||30:29 min:sec||1 mile|
|Saturday||30 min/mile||30:10 min:sec||1 mile|